— The agency
In 2018, Ruedi and Vera Baur created dix—milliards—humains research-creation institute. Driven by the need to think differently about citizenship, the institute is the tool for developing a renewed approach to civic design.
This approach is transdisciplinary, driven by a responsible and social design that is based on a new form of civicism linking local issues, those linked to our living and working places, especially in urban spaces, to those we all share as inhabitants of the earth.
to those we all share as inhabitants of the earth.
The institute is based on the experience of an internationally renowned designer (Ruedi Baur) and a sociologist-anthropologist who has been questioning the world of applied design for many years (Vera Baur).
Working alongside the project coordinator and under the direction of the design project manager, you will be involved in the following activities:
● graphic work on current projects: urban design, signage, accessibility and orientation in public space, hospital environment
● research work on a subject to be defined (1 day per week, handed in at the end of the internship)
Objectives/skills to be acquired:
● research, design, production and project follow-up, working method and teamwork skills
● Minimum bachelor / bac+3 in graphic design
● Adobe suite, motion design is an added bonus
● Multidisciplinarity, solid skills in typography and layout
● Rigor, organizational skills and creativity
● Affinity with issues of orientation, urban design, architecture
● Ability to work in a team
● One or more experiences on equivalent missions would be a plus
— Practical information
6-month full-time contractual internship
Location: 5 rue Jules Vallès 75011 Paris
Application contact: email@example.com (cover letter + CV + portfolio)
Remuneration: legal internship compensation + 50% of the transport card + meal vouchers